Stroud District Foodbank is fully operational during the lockdown period due to the Covid-19 outbreak. However, we have changed how we operate:
- We are now working on a delivery only service, with all our centres closed until further notice.
- Access to vouchers will be by phone through our normal referrers and deliveries arranged by phone through our office and by an army of volunteers.
- Supermarket collection baskets are still being collected and processed each week.
- Please keep our phone lines and email clear for our clients, volunteers and referrers. We ask if you would like to donate food or finances please look on the give help page for ways you can help.
Our main objectives are:
- To make sure food gets out to the most vulnerable:
- We are fully engaged with all our referrers across the Stroud District to identify those in need.
- This means people who have no access to money to buy their own food.
- Sadly we cannot be a delivery service to people who can afford food but cannot leave the house.
- If you are interested in food delivery services please contact your local Parish Council or look at the offer from Long Table.
- To safeguard our volunteers:
- we have ensured that all our most vulnerable volunteers can look after themselves and their families during this time.
- we have created new working practices to ensure social distancing advice.
- Unfortunately we can’t take on any new volunteers at this time due to the nature of the social distancing restrictions.
- To safeguard our staff:
- We are operating from home offices answering emails, phone calls and running distribution services from our homes.
- Please respect that we are not a 24/7 service and cannot always respond immediately. Our focus is first and foremost to deliver food to those who need it, during weekday working hours. We will do our upmost to answer all queries in a timely manner.
Thank you so much for your incredible support!